Increasing The Appeal Of Your Home
Remember the 60-second rule: That’s all the time you have to create a winning first impression. Here are some simple to significant ways to maximize your home’s appeal.
• Keep the grass cut and remove all yard clutter.
• Weed and apply fresh mulch to flower beds.
• Apply fresh paint to wooden fences.
• Tighten and clean all door handles.
• Clean windows inside and out.
• Powerwash home’s exterior.
• Ensure all gutters and downspouts are firmly attached and functioning.
• Paint the front door.
• Buy a new welcome mat.
• Place potted flowers near the front door.
• Evaluate the furniture in each room and remove anything that interrupts “the flow” or makes the room appear smaller. Consider renting a storage unit to move items off-site.
• Clean and organize cabinets, closets and bookshelves.
• Clean all light fixtures and ceiling fans.
• Shampoo carpets.
• Remove excessive wall hangings and knick-knacks.
• Repair all plumbing leaks, including faucets and drain traps.
• Make minor repairs (torn screens, sticking doors, cracked caulking).
• Clean or paint walls and ceilings.
• Replace worn cabinet and door knobs.
• Fix or replace discolored grout.
• Replace broken tiles.
• Replace worn countertops.
Special Details For Showings
• Turn on all the lights.
• Open all drapes and shutters in the daytime.
• Keep pets secured outdoors.
• Buy new towels for bathrooms.
• Buy new bedding for bedrooms.
• Replace old lamps or lampshades.
• Play quiet background music.
• Light the fireplace or clean out the ashes and light a candelabrum.
• Infuse home with a comforting scent, such as apple spice or vanilla.
• Set the dining room table for a fancy dinner party.
• Vacate the property while it is being shown.
Get in touch with me today and receive a FREE consultation.
- Ryan Bauerle - McKinney, TX
- Amol Kansagra - Castle Hills, Lewisville, TX
- Carita - Fort Worth
- J. Sayegh - Pilot Point, TX
- Billy and Mary Weaver - Castle Hills, Lewisville, TX
- R. Attalah - Rockwall, TX
- James Curran - DFW
- Tina Winders - Lewisville, TX
- J.W. - Lewisville, TX
- Rosane W. - Dallas, TX
- Drew Kellenberger - Plano, TX
- James Russell - Dallas, TX
- Mario & Laura Gonzales - Cross Roads, TX
- Komli & Nyam - Coppell, TX
- Sneha Sachin - Dallas, TX
- Amy Bagnall - Aubrey, TX
- Ashutosh Singh - Little Elm, TX
- Alycia C. - Plano, TX